• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet TBird heatsink/fan with good performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Len

Can anyone recommend a TBird HSF with good performance that doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner? Cooling performance is first priority but it can't be too loud. Which stock HSF has the best balance of noise and performance? Can I get what I want for max of $US 30? TIA.

i just got my tbird up to 1406 last night and after some thorough benchmarking and running 3dmark 2k1 for about an hour my temps were maxed @ 41 C....i have an Alpha Pep66u with a Delta 38 fan....the fan is loud but you can get a quieter sunon fan for it. The cooling is outstanding.

you can get it with the quiet sunon fan here for 31 bucks 2cooltek

I have a Thermo Engine + Delta 7000rpm fan
cheap good cooling but loud as hell..
i had the PAl6035 with a delta 60mp but didnt cool well needs the Delta 60 HP but was quiet'ish

the NoiseControl Silverado is one of the best and makes almost no noise. It cools better than Alpha heatsinks with Deltas on them. Only problem is I don't think you'll be able to find one, and if you do, expect to pay $75+ because the base is made out of Silver. Although if you do find one, let me know and I'll buy it :)

Aaron

well ive often thought that a 80 mm low rpm fan and a hedgehog would be the best choise of course you would have to come up with some kind of adaptor.... and to my suprise look what i found im going to order a few

I can't stand noise so I just refuse to get the Delta 7000 rpm fan. I know that limits my choices but that's the way it has to be.

kat, do you have a URL for the site selling those 80mm fan adapters? Hmm, I wonder how well they work.

The adapter can be found @ www.plycon.com

I too hate loud fans and will not get a 7k fan.

I currently am looking into termo engine w/ that fan adapter.
Humm...its available NOW but the adapter is $40.....too rich for my blood

I like my vantec fce-6240d w/ 60mm sunon sitting on top. Got it from coolerguys.com for $20.95 running 1200@1430 low 40's c. full load. Think I could do better but my ram is holding me back for now. <flails>

Sirfin~

PS - It's a little loud, all my case fans are panaflo's they are so dang quiet sometimes I have to check them just to make sure they are actually running. <g>.
4 120mm 2 80mm and 2 on my enermax, of course all I hear is my sunon. ;-)

I have an ALPHA6035 with a 6000 RPM ADDA ...

It isn't nearly as loud as a Delta. One of my favorite heatsinks is still the Agilent Arcticcooler. The Agilent does an excellent job of cooling and is extremely quiet. It cools almost as well as anything without the Delta.

A new crop of copper heatsinks is just around the corner, you might want to wait on one of those.

Back