• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where should i start?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kronos138

i've hit a roadblock. i can't get my system stable beyond 159 fsb. i don't think its my cpu. my temps are reasonable ~48 C at full load. i can get into windows now after upping my mem voltage to 2.85. but it dies in p95 after about 15 minutes. i want to try changing my timings but i'm not sure where i should start. which settings most affect stability?

my timings right now are 3 3 7 4. at 160 fsb its almost stable. i ran p95 for two and a half hours before playing UT2k3 for an hour but it locks up in another game. my vcore is at 1.575 and my vdimm is 2.85.

this mobo is the first board i've had with mem timings available so i'm still learning. what do you mean by "loosen up".

Probably need more CPU voltage. It's gotta be the CPU hitting a wall, but with the slight gains you might achieve, it might not be worth the trouble for an extra 50 - 100Mhz.

Last edited:
Back