• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu HSF question once again!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats what i was thinking too, but i still want some other people's opinions.

AMD_Me said:
sk-7 and SF2 whoops any Volcano or coolermaster... or anything besides CNPS7000A-CU and slk-800 or 900

huh?:confused:
anyway yea the sk7 if from that list only

well the volcano 11 seems to be able to push the same cfm as the Smartfan 2. O-o.

*still unsure*

i have the aero 7+ and it works great. 39c idle 42c load back to idle temp 7sec after stoped full load. 1700+ tbred-b oc to 1666 at the moment.

I'm fairly sure the fan used on the Volcano 11 is a SFII by ThermalTake. Black housing, however.

Anyway, the SK-7 would probably be your best bet. It should come with a nice base, but lately they haven't been - You'll probably want to lap it nice and smooth.

Tc3 Toad said:
i have the aero 7+ and it works great. 39c idle 42c load back to idle temp 7sec after stoped full load. 1700+ tbred-b oc to 1666 at the moment.

A 1700+ @ 2300Mhz 1.85 v should get that temp on the Sk-7.... For serious overclocking (or any decent overclocking for that matter) Cooler master AMD heatsinks are a non competitor.

Back