• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2 Thunderbird not leaving ground help it fly....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
have been trying to get my 1.2 above 1.33 running it on a 133fsb with 10x multi. if i increase the multiplier above 10x it show 1400mgz on boot but wont boot windows. ive manipulated voltages they are running at 1.86v core 3.35 3.3value , i do see the voltage fluct. down on the 5v it stays between 4.88 but remains pretty consistent at 5.05volts. my cpu is temp is 34celcius, any input would be greatly appreciated this is my first day so hope i gave enough info ... oh yea my motherboard is a KT7a-Raid thanks.............

looks like it may be coming down to your ram and/or pci stuff. What is your temp and what ram are you using? Also, what do you have in your pci slots? Get back to me w/ this info and I might be able to help you.

im using 133 sdram bought it from officedepot forgot name 128mb sticks, in my pci slots i have a ethernet, voodoo 3 3000, creative sound blaster 512, and pci fan not plugged in board of course but for the voodoo card, i was wondering if the quality of my ram might be an issue i just didnt want to guess however its getting expensive hee hee appreciate your time and input my temp is 35 degree cel. system temp is 28degree cel.

Aside from the necessary gyrations needed to overclock, you need a bigger PSU. It looks like yours is on the threshold of falling out of regulation at the wattage you are running your cpu at. If you don't have a 300W already, skip it and go straight to a 400W. If you have a 300W, save it for a spare and go to a 400W. Bear in mind, not all PSUs that claim to be 300W or 400W put out the same current on the +5 & +3.3V lines. Read the fine print on the box. My original 300W PSU was rated for 145W +5 & +3.3V combined. I almost bought an inexpensive 400W PSU until I looked at the ratings and saw the same combo was only 165W. Right next to it was an Antec 400W PSU with the same combo rating of 245W. For $20.00 more, I bought the Antec.

Hoot

your temps are OK, i think it is definately your ram, and that creative soundblaster is a overclockers worst nightmare, anyway you will need GOOD pc133@cas2. Get crucial, it is cheap and will hit 150+, buy cas2 but set the at cas3 in your bios and have your mem. speed settings to normal (8-10ns)
this should give you what you need

Back