• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA 1.33Ghz CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<Hawk_01>

Recieved two AMD AXIA 1.33Ghz OEM CPU's. Both were DOA. Sent both back. Anyone else run into bad CPU's right from the static bag?

Yep, system is fine. ASUS A7M266, 512MB Crucial PC2100 RAM. Tested with a Duron 800 to verify that the system was working correctly. Running like a champ. Vendor said alot of these chips have been returned bad. Maybe there was a bad batch?

Not sure about the second one, but the first one is:

A133AMS3C
AXIA0110MPMW
K0057781846
@1999

Off topic but did you happen to notice if the L1 bridges were connected on either of the two? Rumor has it some of the higher speed TBirds are being sent out already unlocked.

My 1.33 lasted 10 minutes<Not OC still factory settings> on a KT7A-Raid board. That was 2 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for the replacement.

The place I bought it from burnt up one as well. I'm not convinced that this chip is as good as some claim.

I am beginning to think that the AMD is sending out pre-tested chips to these review sites so that they are guaranteed to get a good OC rating.

my 2cents

I just got mine a few days ago. AXIA0112. Runs like a champ at 1.80v @ 1507. 11x137. On my a7v133 though it doesn't want to take above an 11 multiple. It will go down to a 6x multiplyer though. Oh, and at stock 1333, it runs at 1.55v!!

Back