• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hypothetical H20 Results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockworth

Registered
I'm considering equipping my system with a watercooling system. I'm planning to use two Chevette heatercores, one with a single 120mm fan, and the other with 2 120mm fans. Hypothetically, how big of a difference will I see in my temperatures (using a White Water block)?

Rockworth said:
I'm considering equipping my system with a watercooling system. I'm planning to use two Chevette heatercores, one with a single 120mm fan, and the other with 2 120mm fans. Hypothetically, how big of a difference will I see in my temperatures (using a White Water block)?
As compared to what? Air? More info needed but generally, temp reporting in mobo's is dodgy at best. I would guesstimate from highend air to high end water would give you at least a 15C drop.

Oops, sorry about that. I am currently using a CAKII 38 pure copper heatsink with a 5000rpm fan. I usually run anywhere from 35-40C.

well that pretty good already, is that the overclocked temps. If not you can probally get those temps or lowered while overclocking.

Why not put both cores on duel 120mm fans? If space is the reason then ok otherwise go for duel on both and run them in parallel. If you get those temps at stock on air then water with a good setup will drop them dramatically I would think. Also, if you can try running a four 120mm heatercore instead of two to save on tubing.

Space is a legitimate concern right now; I should be able to fit both heater cores tightly. :D I bet I would receive lower temps if I used two heatercores versus one heater core with four fans...but that is just a guess. Anyone want to put in their two cents?

Rockworth said:
Everything is at stock speeds.

I don't think my hardware can do that....

On another note, I would go with the water. It is fun and you learn so much more about thermaldynamics. Also if you are going to get a WW then you will be set.

PS>

Here is my 2 cents. If you look at the link below you will see my system has two radiators, a large heater core and a small oil cooler. I used to run the system with just the oil cooler and it did very well. When I added that huge heater core I got quite a temp drop but not as much as I had hoped..

PIC HERE

Also i would go with one larger core for one reason, FLOW. I think that two of them may impede your flow. Just my thought.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. I'm planning to buy the Eheim 1240 pump, which can really blast out the GPM. No offense, but your case looks like a science experiment. :D

Back