• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT"S ALIVE< ALIVE !!!! Buahahahahaaa !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Yeah boi! Otay, before you start askin yourself;'what's wrong with this guy?" I'll give it to ya straight. I got one of these from Bender: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219149. After he modified it for me cuz there was noway of me getting a power source that will push 120v DC, he re-wired it on parallel so it runs 12v DC @ 50 amps. Got 2 powmax 500w psu's since the 12v rails are 25amps ea. Several days of hacking up an old Inwin case , some fancy re-wiring of the psu's 12v rail wires, swapped my 1250 pump and voila, it's up and running! Using the Bios 16 on my NF7s-2.0 , 1.9vcore and 2.8vdimm 7-3-3-2 and at full load after about an hour, temps are 24c ! :D No pics yet of the finsihed chiller, gotta borrow a digicam, but will post pics asap.

There's alot to this but i just gave the the short version of the story ;)

w00t!

Tanx! 50amps from 2 psu's :D

temps_1.jpg

Dam i need a digicam!

is that pic a shot of motherboard monitor 5!?!? if so, how did you color and change the font and crap for those reading!?!?

Raider84 said:
is that pic a shot of motherboard monitor 5!?!? if so, how did you color and change the font and crap for those reading!?!?

For every sensor there is a "Visual" option where you can mess with the font, colors, style, etc...

Damn nice Thundr/Bender. I want one too:p

That will probably heat your room nicely in the winter. Seriously, how much heat is coming off of the pelt box? How do those loaded temp's compare to an 'on die' water cooled pelt setup?

Congrat's on the success

Hmmm, I did'nt notice any real heat comming from the chiller's core, i mean there IS heat, but not enough to heat a room, lol. Not sure about an "on Die" setup. Like I mentioned, i'm using the 16 bios which are nortorious for misreading temps. i figure i'm around 28ish or so which is not bad at all. No condesation proof needed cuz i'm not going below zero so i'm happy :)

Also both the Cpu block and the NB block are cold to the touch and the water return is cold also.

benchie_1.jpg

No Condensation yet and i left it like this overnite. This is the most i can get with the pos ram i have at the moment (Corsair XMS3000 512mb PLT stick) Waiting on the Twinmos BH-5 I bought from drewthomas to see what she can really do.

No too shabby for an XP2100 Tbred B 304 eh? ;)

Not at all ^_^. You really do need to be careful about condensation though. Even if you OC up past the 40s or so, ANY point where the water is below the dew-point is potential drippage. Meaning, the water coming off your CPU may very well be HOT water, but the tubes coming directly off the chiller could be danger spots. I would at least get some neoprene wrappings for THAT tube.

Tanx vonkaar, but my fame wa short lived :( The power draw on the outlets of my home is too much. I checked the psu's cables and the outlets where they were plugged in and it was extremely hot. I can cause a fire at this rate :cry: I'd rather be safe than sorry. i took the chiller apart and removed the pump, then re-installed the pump back in the water cooler ( Cube). Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Back