• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 deluxe or abit is7-e?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eagles20015

Registered
I am building a new pc and I want either one of these boards. I will overclock a 3.0c ghz a little bit so I want a decent overclocker. I will be using it with either pc3500 or pc3700 ram.

Since you're getting the 3.0GHz PIV, I'd go with the Abit. If you were going with a 2.4C or 2.6C I'd recommend the Asus though.

Either one is great, so I wouldn't stress too much about picking between either of these boards. Maybe the Asus' give better temp readings than the Abit's, cuz they BLOW.

sweet, sixth star. :D

I would absolutely reccomend the Asus over the IS7, especially the Is7-E which is the strip down model. Even the P4p800 non deluxe has more onbaord features. Not to mention the sound problem, bad reliabilty, and bad o/cability.

If you are getting a 3.0c and cooling with air you won't need 3700. Get good 3200 or 3500 that can run 2-5-2-2. Tight timings are much more important, but you will still get the same speed if you are using a 3.0c.

If you want the best mem around get corsair 3500xmsc2. People can run that stuff pretty high with realy tight timings.

Back