• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Borrowed Putter / And Seti End

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
A BORROWED PUTTER / AND SETI END
hi all

now first ....my m8t has gone away for a week so he lent me his putter to download seti .....he owed me a favor.....

im uesing the cls client think thats right .......its not the screen saver.....its a driver / spy combo

set up was the same as last ...typed in my email address when it prompeted me and began to download ......

but when i looked at the user stats they wernt mine .....so i went to set up / update / server and the Account email address was not mine !

it said jim@out in the usa ... im uk for a start ....so i replaced it with my email address and everything ok .....

but how did his email get into my stats ? is it a bug ?

Now for the second part .......seti is ending yes? so why am i bothering trying when all that i do now will be lost ?

will everyone start from scratch when the new one comes along ?
its something to do with bionic ?

Now in the words of TATU ..... Have i lost my mind !

thanx all ill keep a crunchin tho

andy

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you how someone elses email address got in there. Maybe it uses a default one until you change it. Seti 1 is drawing to a close around the end of the year, but whether or not you want to quit now is a personal decision. I don't see any reason to quit just because the finish line is near. Seti II will start with new stats, but there's no reason not to put all you can into phase 1.

Sorry it's my fault and my email addy!
YOu must of downloaded my SETI quick install the other day when i was editing the config files to it so as it'll skip a few steps.
I'm glad you posted though so i quickly edited the SETI_spy.ini file which held my stats. This only happened on the current version i put together and not the previous. I was just in too much of a hurry to keep the link up for you guys that i forgot to edit the SETI_spy.ini file again. Anyways it's fixed.
Sure glad you posted before everyone had my stats in setispy.

deez said:

Yeah it would be horrible to get all kinds of WU's credited to your account for doing nothing :D

It's not that easy as you think. When you set up the CLC the DOS box pops up to ask for the email that you reged with. There is no way of preconfiguring that part so no WU"s went to me. Only thing that happened was with the setispy.ini which was configured to show my stats.

Back