• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dfi 875p Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Citation4444

Registered
DFI 875p Infinity

This new board looks the same as the DFI LanParty 875Pro. What's the difference? Anybody seen one of these for sale anywhere?

I'm expecting one of those from DFI, but they've not sent it
to me yet.

Hopefully it's a newer revision then the Lan Party, as the LAN
Party has some deficientcies that are being fixed in the next
revision.

I'll post more if I get more info on that board.

I want to buy a LanParty 875Pro, but will wait til I see what this Infinity mb is. The specs are identical to the 875Pro, but the bios releases are more recent. I hope it's a later revision of the LanParty, fixing the vdimm limitation of 1.7v.

Please let us know when you get your board.

The board is essentially the same but doesn't have all of the major tweaker options that the LanParty board does. Its basically a slightly refined board without all the add-ons, pretty colors, and again, a lot of the power user options that the LP series has.

Travis

well and good news, I will have a true P4 2.4c cpu to test on this finally. THe I875 LanParty board is awesome, but still stuck running the P4 "a" 100FSB cpu.

I will let you know as soon as I have had a day or two with it. But also be aware that I work for DFI, and I try to be objective, but my view might be construed as 'tainted' since I do work for the company =)

Travis

Angry_Games said:
ok DFI is sending me this board tomorrow, I will have it by Thursday at the latest if you can wait that long for me to plug it in next to the LanParty board and give you a run-down =)
I'm waiting with baited breath for your report on this new board. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm going to buy something real soon. Please hurry. :D

Please hurry up and tell us about this Infinity board. NewEgg is not listing it for the first time and it's significantly cheaper than the LanParty 875P, with essentially the same specs.
You say it might be stripped of some of the overclockers features. Like what?

oooook

Infinity I875 is up and running, at a smarmy 2.64Ghz so far (my birthday + work has kept me from jumping it as high as I can yet).

This board had a strange quirk in it when I first loaded windows...it skipped right through the reg process and user setups...and locked hard a few times right after Windows was done installing, SP1 installing, or Windows UPdates installing...always at the end of them also.

But I did flash the BIOS, and everything seemed to correct itself very much. There are a buttload of odd folders left on the drive (the kind Windows likes to leave around when it screws up).

The board, after the latest BIOS, runs flat out awesome. I don't think its as fast as the LanParty board, but I have yet to drop the P4 2.4c into the LanParty board yet.

here is the system I built:

Intel P4 2.4c 800FSB/HT
DFI Infinity I875 - latest BIOS
1GB HyperX PC3500 DDR
30GB IBM GXP75 U100 boot
160GB 8MB Maxtor U133 data
GeForce2 MX AGP
Lite-On 52x CD-ROM

its running at 2.64Ghz right now as I said. I am going to reload it in about 1 hour with a fresh install of XP (HT enabled) and see if it is a clean load this time.

I can say though, it has ran a couple days of these games as dedicated server (along with 12 hours of flawless Prime95):

BattleField 1942 - Desert Combat mod
Day of Defeat 3.1beta
Need for Speed 6 Hot Pursuit 2
Motocross Madness 2
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2003
Quake III - Urban Terror Beta 2

games run flawless. No issues to report after the initial failures. This board does not have as many of the tweaking options of the LanParty 875, but its no slouch for sure.

The onboard SATA + SATA-RAID + RAID is the king. No stupid IDE issues like a lot of the AMD boards with a single SATA channel have.

I can highly recommend this board (especially because I own it now and can help you if you have any issues lol).

I will repost once again after reload, and it should go something like this:

no flaws or issues on this load of XP. The BIOS flash corrected everything.

Let me know if there is something that I didn't answer here =)

Travis

This board does not have as many of the tweaking options of the LanParty 875, but its no slouch for sure.
Just what are these tweaking options that are left out? I'm trying to decide which to buy. The difference in price is not an issue; I just want the better board.

After comparing the layouts of the Infinity with the LanParty, I'm convinced they are the same layouts. Here are the differences I can see.
1. It doesn't have the fancy glowing plastic on the mb.
2. It doesn't come with the front panel box for usb, etc. access.
3. It doesn't come with the round IDE and floppy cables, but with the flat ones.

All this takes cost out of the board and allows them to sell it cheaper. There may be some circuit changes to the board even with an identical layout.

I'll wait for Angry_Games to give a little more information before buying one or the other. I'm specifically interested in whether the Infinity is limited to 1.7v on vdimm as the LanParty is. The manual doesn't say.

single LAN port only

I just compared them side to side since they are hooked up right next to each other...both are identical in BIOS.

Unfortunately for some, there is still the vdimm limitation of 2.7

I do have the Infinity running a 100FSB P4 and its clocked up to the max of 132FSB (2.652Ghz) without any problems =)

let me know if theres something specific you want me to comment on...to me its the exact same board as teh LP without all the goodies.

Angry_Games said:
to me its the exact same board as teh LP without all the goodies.
That's what I was waiting to hear. I think I'll spring for the LanParty since the Infinity doesn't seem to have fixed the 2.7v vdimm "problem".

Angry_Games said:
wait a little while longer if you can...I just heard the rumor that the LanParty II (or revision II) will be out soon.... =)
Well, poop, I just placed my order for the LanParty 875Pro. I'll see if I can cancel the order. :mad:

I see a new LanParty 865PE on the DFI site. Is this the new board you heard the rumor about? Or is the rumor about a new 875Pro LanParty?

Back