• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3500 L2 memtest errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Hi,

I'm running my RAM underclocked to DDR400 at 6-2-2-2 in sync with my FSB with a 10x multipler (2000MHz) just to isolate the RAM as the problem (FSB and CPU are at stock or below that have worked before with other RAM). Even at DDR400, memtest gave me 2 errors in about 10 minutes with my 2 x 256MB Mushkin Level2 Black RAM. Are there any known issues with this RAM and my Abit NF7-S 2.0 or is it safe to assume this is bad RAM?

I dont know of any compatibility issues though the board did have issues with Corsair memory which used to use the BH5 chips which are on the level 2 when the issue was discovered.

Does anyone have definitive info on whether there is an issue or not? Does anyone use Mushkin RAM with the NF7? If you're out there please let me know. Thanks.

I went through the same exact thing with my Mushkin setup (see sig). Run memtest86 with one stick at a time to isolate the bad stick(s).

I found that I had a bad stick, unfortunately, and RMA'd it. They overnighted a new pair to me and everything was fine.

Good luck!

Back