• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time O/Cing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mojo

Registered
Ok guys , i've tried to o/c my system but i;ve only gone up by 100mhz
mines a 1.33 ghz 266fsb AXIA chip running on 512mb DDR PC 2100 ram and with an AsusA7M266 mobo.. it got to 32 degrees at idle... so i'm finding a way to measure it more accurately... the other hardwares don;t really matter rite?? but my case really sucks... its so cram at the cable duct....

What multiplier/fsb combination are you using, and what voltage? I've got a busy couple of days coming up, so I might not be able to reply again, but I'm sure somebody will help. A little bit more info would be useful - like whether you've unlocked the chip, if so what with. If you're just fsb ocing, it may be memory or PCI cards holding you back, so in that case it could be helpful to know what cards you have. Still, I'd be quite happy with a 1430MHz processor at any rate! :)

Mojo (Apr 20, 2001 10:01 a.m.):
Ok guys , i've tried to o/c my system but i;ve only gone up by 100mhz
mines a 1.33 ghz 266fsb AXIA chip running on 512mb DDR PC 2100 ram and with an AsusA7M266 mobo.. ....

Does your A7M266 have any kind of multiplier control? And is your chip unlocked? (factory or otherwise) We need to know what voltage and FSB you're pumping through this mofo as well.

it got to 32 degrees at idle... so i'm finding a way to measure it more accurately... the other hardwares don;t really matter rite?? but my case really sucks... its so cram at the cable duct....

Doesn't seem like cooling is a problem. You can do better than a 32 C idle temp, but it's going to take a lot of little things - like folding/rounding your IDE cables, adding case fans, tweaking airflow, etc. See the "Cooling" section for more tips on this stuff. What HSF unit are you using?

Some more info and we'll be able to give you lots of good feedback and tips.

SickBoy

voltage is at defult , i changed the FSB via the bios changed it to 144 , the multiplier is 10 , can't change the multiplier, everything else is at defult

Back