• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Won't boot one day.. will the next

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

last night i was playing counter-strike, when all of a sudden my comp froze up.. i just shrugged it off and blamed it on a bug in cs.. so i had to turn the comp off and on.. and i played counter-strike again for a while... until bam, it froze up again.. this time i was gettin concerned, because it shouldnt just crash on me like that for no reason twice.. so i turned the comp off and on again, but this time.. windows starts to boot.. and then the screen goes blank like it's about to ask me to login or something, but nope, the computer just restarts.. so i put cpu to stock speeds (im a newbie overclocker so i dont know if that might be doin it or not) and try again.. same thing.. i run western digitals diagnostic thingy (extended hard drive test). it took about an hour.. it found no problems, so i just turned off the computer and went to bed. today, i dont even turn the computer on until just 30 minutes ago, and bam, it works fine.

what do you think the problem was last night?

could have been 1 of a million problems you encountered, or simply could have been nothing at all. just to be safe, update your video and/or mobo drivers. also make sure you're hsf is working and clean out the dust in your system while you're at it. or just forget about everything and write it off as a random windows bug...

Back