• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i think you can change cpu usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No sense in this, it runs as a low priority and lets other apps take cpu time away from it... you won't notice a thing besides your production dropping.

Well it might help with laptops or other machines that have cooling problems, letting them fold without overheating.

You can use it to set the speed in case you want to fold and run SETI :eek: at the same time. You can also use it if you want to run 2 clients and set them both at 50%.

yeah or in my case my mom's computer locks up when it runs at 100% so i had to take it down to 80. wanted to service install her but everyone said you can't adjust the CPU usage on the console version.

Yes, you can change the usage. I set my sister's laptop to 20%, at 100% the fan runs constantly and is pretty loud, this way it can fold quietly. Also FAH never gets 100% it only goes up to 99%.

My friend will only let me fold on his computer if it uses like 85% of teh CPU. For some reason he dosn't like the idea of his CPU running at full load. I have tried to explain to him that it dosn't harm the CPU.

Axle

Back