• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some recommendations on a PDA for back to school

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drunkmonkey

I need another PDA for back to school cause I broke my casio e-100. I am looking to spend $100-200 and I dont mind buying refurbished so I've seen some great deals on www.pricegrabber.com

I need:
>32mb ram (i dont really care how much rom)
MP3/video playback
basic word and outlook funcionality
and the speed to put a snes emulator on it (ESSENTIAL for history class :D)

Prob is I don't know jack about diff PDAs. I like Windows CE(all pocket PCs use that right?) a bit better than palm OS because I just like the windows functionality. On all the palms I've ever tried I hated the looks and navigation. BUT If there is a cheap linux based PDA out there that isn't as pricey as the zaurus I'd like to get that. ALSO I need a backlight and 16bit color. Thanx in advance, I've been looking everywhere but I don't know much about em and you all are the only ones I trust :D

I know a litte bit about em, and the iPaqs are my favorites, but you'd probably be looking at paying more than $100-$200 for an iPaq.

Shoot for a used Zaurus. You MIGHT be able to get ZSNES running on one of them. Plus, they are capable of MP3 and video playback.

Oh, also, I forgot to mention: You can install Bochs (an x86 emulator) on a Zaurus, and install Windows (a real Windows, not a Pocket PC version). It's kinda slow, but neat, nonetheless.

Save up and get the new Ngage by nokia,gaming system,PDA,Cel phone,MP3 and FM radio all in 1 package. :)

Back