• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hd497 vs hd212 vs sr60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

ok most would say sr60 would win over all but rite now the hds cost around 30-40 shipped on ebay and the sr60 is around 60 strong.

now im jus a student so i have to spend my money carefully :D. im wonderin is it worth it to buy the sr60 for the extra 20 dollars. are the hds that crappy? what one of the 3 would you recommend?

and are the headphones on ebay crappy? like i always see sennheiser headphones that are openbox or watever.

Nope, the Sennheisers are really good. I have them and are happy with them. If you're planning on gaming, the HD497 does the job.

On the side note, I wouldn't really want to buy a used set of headphones because its like puting on someone else's ear wax :rolleyes: It could save you money to buy used, but wouldn't you want your own spankin new headphones?? I am a student too and these headphones are perfect. If you want some headphones that keep all outside sound out, look at some of the closed air headphones such as the HD280. My brother bought some HD280 pro for $60 on amazon (I think they are 80 now not sure).

Good luck

Back