• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coppermine Celeron volt limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I really don't have much experience on the Intel side of Overclocking, at least not much after Socket7, and now I'm trying to get a Coppermine Celeron 700 to run at 100fsb. It'll run solid at 83mhz but all I can get from 100 is a windows protection fault error in the beginning of booting. So I'm upping the voltage above the factory default 1.7v and I'm wondering what a sane limit to stay under is. It'll do 83mhz at stock 1.7v, I'm thinking I should try to keep it at or under 2.0v but I'd like to know if even that much is too much. So, with that in mind: little help?

Btw: The relavent specifics include:

The BIOS allows voltage adjustments in 0.05v increments up to 3.0v.

There is no fsb rate between 83mhz and 100mhz.

The heatsink is a VolcanoII with a 7k rpm fan from a Volcano 6cu+ on it (the 6cu+ was too wide for the board layout, I even had to remove a capacitor and re-solder it with extension leads so it was laying down out of the way just to get the VolcanoII to fit).

The board is caseless at the moment.

The CPU temp always stays in the low 30's according to BIOS and MBM5.

There are no voltage adjustments possible for the memory.

The board is an ECS (I know :rolleyes: ) P6BAT-A+ with the most recent BIOS.

10.5 x 100 = 1050

its doable mine same stepping just a 9.5 multi hits 950 on stock juice and won't even think about 9.5mhz more... so i am thinking maybe a .2v increase to 1.9v would be the best bet with the cooling you have.

how is his multi 10.5 for a coppermine celeron 700 when mine is 11.5 for a coppermine celeron 766?

Each "0.5" = 33mhz. The default fsb is 66mhz.

66 X 10.5 = 700
66 X 11.5 = 766

edit: I've got a case for it, but it's got the guts of my T-bird in it at the moment.

duh sorry its late i should of known that heh im gonna stop giving info till i get some sleep ;)

If the default is 1.7v, then it's a cC0 stepping. A lot of cC0 steppings will do at least 1 gig. Some will go up to 1050, but it's not a sure thing. I played with a friend's cC0 Celly 667 and never could even get it to run at 100 FSB (1 gig). I've had several Coppermines and they will generally handle 1.9v pretty well, if you keep the load temps at or below about 40 degrees. Getting into the 2v range is a little shakey with air cooling, but I've seen water cooled rigs run 2.05v. I ran a P-III 700 at 1050 MHz using 1.9v for well over 1.5 years (I had very good cooling).

Back