• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The four rubber pads on a socket A Tbird? from a newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

horn dog

What do they do? I'm getting ready to mount a Maze waterblock and can't decide whether to cut em off. I plan to condensate proof the cpu with closed cell foam and use the Danger Den clamp to attach it to the board.

the little feet stablize the hsf or waterblock or coldplate or whatever on the die of the processor. don't remove them, they're very good at what they're meant to do.

are you only planning on using watercooling? if there are no peltiers involved, then you don't need to insulate against condensation. you won't be able to cool below the dew-point just with normal watercooling.

have fun!

Thanks guys! I am using a pelt. Danger Dens new water block and cold plate combo has 4 set screws to clamp the sandwich together and then mount to the motherboard. I've got a 172 watt but I am gonna try a controller for the pelt from variable pc. Any opinions on that ?

dont cut those off!!! You will risk cruching your core, UNLESS you cut them off and put a non conductive shim on your cpu

Back