• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

emergency emergency emergency emergency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

What did i just do? I was setting up mhz from 10x145 to 10x146 it froze up now i cant get anything on the monitor everything is turning on ethernet card etc. what did I do and how can I fix it?I tried another video card and it does the same thing. I cleared the cmos and still nothing I dont even know if its posting, please help! A7V133 1.2 T-bird

When you cleared cmos did you remove the little battery and unplug the power cord? I have to do both of those as well as setting the jumper to get my cmos to clear.

If TT's method doesn't work... Try unplugging the PS connector from the MB and what about 15min. I had the same exact thing happen to my IWill KK266R

The ASUS boards are known to be a bit "quirky" at times. I've run into similar problems after some of my aggressive overclocking experiments, (I know that if I just............................ I can get another 10MHz).

What has worked for me, and others, is to set the board to the jumper mode and reset the jumpers to the default settings of your CPU. After you get a successful boot, power it down and reset to the jumperfree mode and start the whole process over again. You'll probably go through this again in the future.

Thanks for all the replies guy's, I figured it out when I cleared the cmos I pulled the battery out and unplugged the ps, that wasn't the right way U have to leave the battery in and short out 2 solder points on the board.Well you learn something new every day,I feel like a total ***. again thanks for the help.

i wonder if holding down the "insert" key would help in a situation like that? Any thoughts guys? if im not mistaken, clearing the cmos sets it back to default, doesnt the insert key do the same thing?

I have had the same problem. First time I had to short the jumper. Next time I had to short the jumper, remove the battery and set it to jumpered mode.

Does the thought (I just fried my new computer!) sound familiar.

Back