• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2G TB AXIA @ 1466MHZ Will It Burnout ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

I currently OCed my AMD Athlon TB 1.2Ghz AXIA 266Fsb @ 1466Mhz the current Temps range from 41c 104f and when playing online games to 46c 111f Will this fry my CPU or possibly 1 day when i startup my comp wont turn on cause my cpu died lol the current mobo i got is ASUS A7V133 and Offbrand SDRAM PC133 @ 143 7ns , GLobal Win FOP38 Fan 2 fans inside my case and a 300wat powersuply ,Videocard Radeon DDR 32mb ,Soundblaster live value. Btw Should I get some crucial Ram will this make a difference at all the ram I got is CL3 not CL2 PC133 no name on it.

Keep your temps where they are and that CPU will outlive your love for it. As far as memory goes, I went to PC150CL2 and it runs up to 145 rock solid and 150 almost solid 2-2-2. I don't think the memory is holding me back, rather my cpu or add-on devices. PC133CL2 is not to dire in price. You might consider getting some, if for no other reason, than an eye on the future. Otherwise, wait until DDR gels.

Hoot

I think ill be saving up some cash for the DDR board I think $300 should do it in about a 1 or 2 months ill get it rite now my dads wallet is set for the Geforce 3 which im gona get when it comes out here in NYC hehe maybe in the mean time ill get me some ram good ram PC150 CL2 do u know of a site that sells PC150 CL2 cheap hoot ? ty for ur help bro = )

Back