• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beo-Wolfe Cluster with Suse 8.1 pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karifan

Ok I am new to Linux, installed a couple of systems and such played in console a bit and setup networking and all but still new. :)

Is this at all possible. My main subject of inquiry is:
Does the program that runs on a Beo-Wolfe cluster have to be desinged for that or can it be a regular multi threaded app?

I intend to run it for Chess tournements I currently have a dual Athlon XP 2100 running at 153 x 15 = 2295 mhz per cpu and that is powerfull and all, but with a Beo wolfe u can get two or three times the power I hear.

I intend to run it on a Gigabit Lan network? or is there any other recommendations?

The programs that it will run if its utilized are Deep Fritz, Shredder and Deep Junior the Chess programs.

Thank you kindly for your time.

if the original code is for beawulf (sp?) clustered CPU archi and there's no x86 code then you're in trouble.
but if there's x86 archi code then you just need to compile it correctly.

I think its x86 of 32 bit nature, not for sure tho.
I know that it can run on upto 8 cpu/s at once(meaning it will utilize upto 8 processors)

But I have to find that.

I need to start searching better.

I did a search here for Linux Clusters and found out a TON of stuff. :)

Will keep ya posted on my findings, but thx for the reply

more input is welcome however

i know a guy who set up the Beauwulf cluster that Phillips Petroleum used... too bad he lives in China now but before he moved he was going to take me into the Phillips computer centre there but then silly phillips said "move" and he had to move (=

(i know, that's not really relevant but oh well ;) )

Back