• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil at 3.2v???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

forlack

Registered
I just put in a new Graphics card and so i decided to reset my CPU with some new paste. I pulled out my ram just to make sure everything was cool and put it back in. I flipped on the power and my system turned off. I checked everything again and flipped the switch....booted up fine except the vDimm said 3.24v!!! I reflashed the bios switch ram slots everything short from reseating the CPU. I'll change the vDimm settings in the bios and it still shows 3.24v at boot and in the PC health. I dont know if my 8rda+ is going crazy now or if my ram is really taking 3.2v. I hope not. Any feedback?....the ram is Geil Value pc3200 512. It can handle 2.9..but can any ram run at 3.2 v???

rams should handle ok at 3.2. I'hv seen ppl run 3.2 on there twinmos and those don't have a heatspreader

I cant get it back to stock though thats the thing...its weird. Anyone have a solution or do you think my ram will run fine for the few years i need it. it did OC nicely to 450mhz

dont worry about, it will take it.

I use to run 3.9v all day long through PC133 SDRAM 3.3vrated memory for 2 years and now it in my other machine still going strong for the last year at 3.5v.

By the time it your DDR dies it will be so old and out dated you not going to care.

I think it could be your 3.3v being reported as ur RAMv ive heard of it happening with sum boards

Yeah well if something dies its from newegg....ay. Thanks guys.

Your memory should be able to take 3.2v as long as it has some airflow running over it. When it gets too hot it may cause some stability problems. I used to run my Crucial @ 3.2v fine. I'm surprised no one mentioned cooling. :eek: I think anything higher is crazy and your memory could ruin your memory and it could be generating errors.

I doubt it is the real voltage.. maybe your looking at the wrong one or something.. it should be under Vdimm. Really though, this display of Vdimm in the bios is incorrect.. it dosen't even actually measure the vdimm. Even when you do the Vdimm mod the Vdimm will say what it supposed to at a selected voltage rather than actually measure the voltage. If you want to find out your real vdimm you can measure it with a multimeter on the main contact of one of the mosfets right next do the Dimm slots.. one is Vdimm and one is Vbt.

IT is NOT vdimm. 8rda bios readings are screwed. Don't worry about it.

If you aren't on latest bios, try flashing. Sounds to me like 8rda's can't measure vdimm right, so maybe epox "patched" it by making them just display whatever it is set to automatically.

Yeah thanks guys. I havent had any problems with stability or anything and yes I read the right one, Vdimm. Yeah my guess is that its just reading wrong now. The memory doesnt get hot and everything is running smooth so i'll be ok. I need to grab a multimeter and check to see for sure. On a side note the ram overclocked to 450mhz....not too bad.

Back