• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you guys think that since newegg.com sold out on thier 1ghz 266fsb cpus that...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MidnightClocker

Do you guys think that since newegg.com sold out on thier 1ghz 266fsb cpus that...

the next shipment they get will be AXIA or AVIA or better yet AZIA?

Well my friend just ordered one on sunday from them, i'll let u know what he gets. I got one ordered from TCWO that should arrive thursday as well, and TCWO was also just sold out so I had to wait an extra few days for my CPU to ship, so i'll let u know what kinds of codes the new shipments of 1 ghz 266 FSB CPU's are as soon as they arrive. :)

Aaron

I hope they are but does Newegg check them before they send it out. Man that would be nice. Any other companies sell AXIA's?

MidnightClocker (Apr 23, 2001 07:00 p.m.):

Are AVIA and AZIA real codes? Has anyone actually seen these codes on production CPU?

Len (Apr 25, 2001 10:32 a.m.):
MidnightClocker (Apr 23, 2001 07:00 p.m.):

Are AVIA and AZIA real codes? Has anyone actually seen these codes on production CPU?

AVIA coded chips have been around for a while now and are pretty common. I haven't seen an AZIA or BXIA chip yet personally.

Newegg customer support when I emailed them said they sold far too many processors to check them for me. Keep in mind I bought a retail box 1ghz 266 FSB and it WAS an AXIA, and I'd imagine at their volume they're buying direct from AMD so the replacements should be at least AXIAs if not newer, my chip is a week 11 which is only like a month and a half old now from when it was fabbed.

A local integrator here in Chicago sold out two weeks ago on 1.2ghz, so I thought I'd take a roll of the dice for a AXIA. I put my order in and a week and a day later I received an AVIA. Apparently one of his suppliers still had old stock laying arround. Anyways, it booted 1.37Ghz out of the box (10x137). Not so shabby.

Well I got my CPU today from TCWO, it was a 1.0 ghz 266 FSB, and indeed it was AXIA :) I'll start overclocking it in a few minutes.

Aaron

Back