• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet Another HotSwap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No sparks flew and the system stayed running? If so, did the PC detect the new card? I'm with JoT on this one, I figured it would fry the NIC and maybe the mobo too.

LOL, I remember a while back this guy Jimmy and I were messing with a super old junky machine at work...like a Pentium 100mhz. We were trying to get a NIC to work on it, and were tired of rebooting, so we yanked out the old NIC and popped in a new one. Then had it scan for new hardware, haha...

I would certainly not recommend doing it though. We didn't really care what happened to this system, it was REALLY messed up. If I remember, one reason we got tired of rebooting is that it would take more than a few tries just to get it to boot!

If you hotswap a card, you run a high risk of shorting something, and killing your board.

Back