• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

850 tbird can only do 988

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avo

Registered
Hi: I would like some input, I have an Asus a7v with a 850 tbird, 300 watt power supply and 150 Kingmax Memory. No matter what I do i can only get 988mghz
(granted it is stable no registry errors or boot problems) is there anything I can do to go Higher reliably or has this chip maxed. Going above 1.8 volts it will not boot stays black, I am currently running 9.5x104at 1.8 volts. trying 8,0x125 get the old registry errors. What I refer to as stable is booting up into windows with no registry errors and being able to restart windows in the restart mode(without actually shutting down the machine) and having it boot back in to windows, am I doing ok or do I have a **** chip?thanks

I'm suprised your machine even got past the POST at 8x125 you'd be really lucky if your board could do 125 mhz FSB. Have you tried doing like 10x100? And also, what kind of cooling do you have? and what is your CPU temp?

Aaron

Aman99 (Apr 24, 2001 12:31 p.m.):
I'm suprised your machine even got past the POST at 8x125 you'd be really lucky if your board could do 125 mhz FSB. Have you tried doing like 10x100? And also, what kind of cooling do you have? and what is your CPU temp?

Aaron

yes have done 10x100 registry errors i run at 38degrees c running fop 32

check the voltage in some software or bios, because my a7v133 will set voltage 1.8 and 1.85 only by jumpers!!!!
and if i try to set into bios it sets 1.6 and 1.65

I already did that according to Sandra it is 1.8 volts

Back