• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-Max3 @ the egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The board just came out how can you have seen the price of it at a computer show already?

Try googlegear.com. They had some yesterday. I got mine from newegg yesterday!!!!!! Its on its way!!!!

Do the new Max3's allow you to bump up the voltage to the memory?????? If they don't, BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!! I mean my IC7 won't allow me to get ADATA PC4000 because it won't feed it enough voltage. I think this is where Abit fails. I mean it is an AWSOME board, but the mem voltage really urks me. I shouldn't have to work the memory I buy around the low amount of voltage my mobo puts out. Honestly...how hard could it be for Abit to fix this????

NcBaller1985 said:
Do the new Max3's allow you to bump up the voltage to the memory?????? If they don't, BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!! I mean my IC7 won't allow me to get ADATA PC4000 because it won't feed it enough voltage. I think this is where Abit fails. I mean it is an AWSOME board, but the mem voltage really urks me. I shouldn't have to work the memory I buy around the low amount of voltage my mobo puts out. Honestly...how hard could it be for Abit to fix this????

I have a gig of Adata pc4000 in my IC7 and i can crank it easily up to 263fsb 1:1 @2.8v....total peice of cake! I think the mem will even go further on 2.8v but my 3.0c cpu tops out at 3.94gig. And....yes the Max 3 has a v-dimm voltage up to 3.2v or 3.1v. I am not sure which one it is cause I have seen reports for both as being the maximum volt selection.

Back