• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To all my SETIQueue Users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
as most of you might have noticed, my SETIQueue had been on and off and pretty much offline most of the time in the past 3 days.... it's due to the fact that Comcast told me that there's a fiber cut in my area and i now have no (well, sometimes on & off) net access from home.....:(

hopefully, they can get it fix sooooooonn..... any of you guys have any idea how hard/long to get the fiber fixed?! :rolleyes:

sorry for any of you guys' inconvinence!! :(

shouldnt really be that hard to fix. they will just patch in a new piece where it broke. unless of course, it got pulled and broke in a couple places, then they might have trouble with it

Fiber used to be pretty damn hard to patch. You had to have darn near a degree in it just to make up the ends - polishing it down, etc etc. I think there are tools that make it a lot easier now, but depending on the size of the break it might take a day or more.

well, it's still out....... first was b/c of the power outage in my local area, now it's the fiber.... i've got the fiber cut reason since yesterday, and it's still down..... luckily, i got the net connection for a couple hours this afternoon, so i at least can upload some of my cache sitting inside my setiq server and have my other location's machines up/down'load WUs..........

i think it's really 'bout time for me to dig out the dial-up modem and the AOL cd now......:( i've been using other people's machine (now at GF's apartment) or work place just to make sure my mail box isn't filled up.....

Back