• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Desktop Control Center (Intel MB overclocking utility)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Funny - somehow reminds me of Philip Morris trying to help people quit smoking. Can we say oxymoronic?

when you are as big as intel.. why not shove off a few programers and marketing guys to dabble? they don't have anything to lose and lots to gain.

It could either be a very tame software overclocking util of little interest, or it could bring some surprisingly spiffy features to the table... anyone willing to take bets on which it'll be? :cool:

Dang bros....I think it's sweet. You can adjust your system fans with it (via mobo headers) tweak your mem timings, view the various voltages. I mean....whats not to like? Sure beats pumping the "reset" button to re-boot everytime.

Chuck232 said:
And best of all, your Intel mobos will now be able to o/c... :D

Yeah...the mobos made by Intel are supposed to be the stablest of all Intel chipset mobos. With this new proggy...I wonder how well they will OC/perform? Could it be that new OC monster board will actually be an Intel fab board? It would be nice hunh? Performance + stability + OC??????

Might just be wishfull thinking though.:rolleyes:

It can only be a good thing :)

Even if their boards don't turn out to be OC'ing monsters, maybe the chipsets will turn out to OC better now that they at least might not frown on the idea :)

i want to know how its stress test performs. I hope we don't have to run 24 hrs before we know it is stable :)

It's not really the functions we should concentrate on here. It's the fact that Intel is now starting to recognise the "enthusiast" community and is doing things to make us happy. (and make themselves more money) I'm sure this could be the start to something, such as chips binned for overclocking maybe? ;)

Looks like Intel is trying to get some of the overclocking community away from other manufacturers. This could be very interesting when Asus/Abit/Others start to ship similar software with their boards. ;)

anyone try it out yet? it's now avaliable for download.... my impression was it doesn't give you any overclocking ability, only what you can already do in the bios. i have a comp with a d865perl and it allows you to up the FSB by 4%, which is all that this software utility will allow.

I think there will be little interest in it around here, given that it turned out to be the tame thing we all secretly knew it would be... :(

*bump*
well this program is released and i was hoping to use it... flashed my bios last night installed it and nothing i can do will even make it open, thought maybe someone else running an intel board has tried it...

it doesn't look like that proggie lets you OC, it seems to just let you edit the "normal" Intel BIOS settings and shows your temps, FSB speed etc but its not like its letting you crank your fsb or nuttin....

Back