• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JIUHB Vs. AIUHB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I just got my 2100+ Tbred JIUHB 0308 DUT3C from newegg.com. I was hoping for a AIUHB... generaly do the JIUHBs not overclock as well as the AIUHBs? How much worse is it. I wanted to try my hardest to hit 2.5ghz stable!

There isn't any hard data showing that either is better- both should do excellent. 2.6ghz could be possible for you, good luck!

Glad to hear it. After I'm done voltmodding my mobo, upgrading NB HS, and finishing my pump relay I'll be ready to go! I hope my mobo still works after messing w/ it :).

Now the only thing left to upgrade it my GPU!

I guess I was just freaking out when I didn't see ANY 2100+ JIUHBs over 2.5ghz in the VR-zone database. As far as I've looked I haven't see one even listed.

heres the real deal

if you have a DLT3C cpu than JIUHB is always better

if you have a DUT3C cpu than AIUHB is always better

your cpu will prolly do 2.1-2.3ghz

2.5ghz is a very lofty goal. my 2100+ AIUHB (DUT3C) can only do 2.4ghz (but thats at 1.775 vcore, I don't like to go above 1.8)

in fact, over 2.3ghz is pretty good. I was personally aiming for 2.5ghz myself, but it really isn't that easy of a goal to meet.

I'm willing to go up to 2.0vcore, and I have watercooling. I think I have a very good chance but it all depends on the chip I guess.

1.775 is a very low voltage. Mine can barely do 2.4ghz at that low. I use 1.95v for the overclock in my sig. But I agree, above 1.8v is too much for everyday usage.

depends on your situation. with my system and my cooling i run 1.9V. that nets me about 12C over case temps at full load. if you're confident in your cooling then you're free to push your voltage but i wouldn't do much more then 1.9 even with water cooling unless you have the money to buy a new CPU. not saying it will happen but at that kind of voltage it's an issue.

Emericana doesn't know what he is talking about J or A has little to NO influence on overclock. The only reason anyone still thinks it is an ancient article someone wrote for front page saying J's suck and A's rule, or something to that effect. I was one of the first to point out here, that they were very wrong... JIUCB's sucked, JIUHB's were keeping up with AIUHB's. At the time JIUHB's were rare, so most all 2100's were AIUGB or AIUHB and most all 1700's were JIUCB. Meanwhile a member here (I forget the name, but he made a sweet looking microfin 2 barb block), was hitting 2700mhz+ with a JIUHB.

I bought a 1700+ and got a JIUHB 0251, that does 2400mhz easily and 2500mhz with a little juice. And then immediately ordered again and got a JIUCB that did 2011 at 1.85v (The JIUHB would hit 2450 at that voltage).

If you're gonna put 2v through it with good water on that board and PSU... You will get 2.4-2.6 by my guess. I'd put you somewhere around high 2.4 low 2.5 unless the chips have improved or degraded significantly recently.

I have a JIUHB 2100 from newegg. With the current weather( I don't have AC) I'm at [email protected]. The temps are at a max of 34 in the middle of the day. That's only 3C above system temp. It's hot in the room. I suspect things might get better with cooler weather despite the relatively low temp readouts.

Anyway, I've posted at 2310, but to be honest, I think that's gonna take some voltage to get me there with stability. I'm not ready to go that route until the room temperature drops a bit. With my cooling, I'm calling it quits at 1.9v.

I'm honestly not thinking I'm gonna get much further with this CPU. At just 2255, I couldn't run stable even with 1.825v. It looks like it's gonna want more juice than I'm willing to give up at the moment.

But heck, even if 2200 were my limit, which I'm thinking I'll end up settling with 2300 in the winter, this CPU has been a joy. A 500mhz overclock is not something to be dissappointed about. I'm benchmarking with the best AMD has to offer for $67 shipped. I'm pleased.

Although, I say all this without ever having run a proper "burn-in" on the CPU. I play games and such, but I haven't really done some of the recommended methods.

Alright, at 1.9v I am up and running at 2300mhz without a hitch. Or maybe there is a hitch. I have ru every test I can think of. It's very stable in all my games, several rounds of Sandra and 3dmark. HOWEVER, Prime 95 gives me an ILLEGAL SUMMOUT ERROR(or something to that effect). It says there is a possible hardware failure.

I don't know here. As of now, I'm tending to believe the idea that the J version of the 2100 is a lesser CPU. This is a ton of voltage for this speed. However, I am holding to hope that this is all a result of a warm environment, despite the fact the CPU seems to be running cool. It's not been my expereince in the past that temperature effects amount of voltage needed for stability. However, I'm hoping it will in this case.

Back