• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many watts is your system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

That is if you run speakers. :D Also list what speakers you have and what amp/s.

Klipsch Promedia v.2-400

Optimus Amplifier
Optimus 12in Sub
RCA 2 Way
Optimus 2 Way

Total System Power= 600 watts

Optimus Pro receiver 5ch x 100 watts
Optimus Towers
Optimus Surrounds
RCA Center
RCA 12" 150 sub

Total System Power = 650 watts

*Wow* I see were both Radio Shack guys. LOL

Do you work or used to work for Radio Shack? Or is that just where you got your audio equipment?

are you counting MAX power or RMS? RMS = most power without distortion. in my opinion if it ain't RMS it doesn't matter.

right now i'm on z 340's that do 20 watts each satelites and like 40 or something for the sub.

at home i'm on the home theatre which i've had cranked beyond beleive. it's ungodly high RMS. my uncle rebuilt the speakers way back when he got them for my mom. they were pioneers but the drivers are all different. sounds wicked awesome and it's about 18 years old. :eek:

Amp/Reciever:
REFURB Harman Kardon AVR 325 7.1 High Current Amp - 7 Channel x 50W (High Current, so it overpowers most 100wxchannel amps without signal distortion at high volume. Kinda like overclocking speakers. Most high end setups use High Current Amps)

Speakers:
USED Bose 601's (New Version) - 200Watt max each
Bose VCS-10 Center Channel - 200 Watt max
REFURB Bose Accoustimass 5 - 2x 100Watt Cube Sattelites, 1x 300Watt max Non-powered Accoutimass Sub

Total Speaker Wattage - 1100 Watts
Reciever Output - 350Watts @ 35A (850Watt consumption)

Its a nice setup. So close to THX, but didnt want to spend the $$ for the THX AVR7200. I got this one for 1/4 MSRP as a favor.

EDIT: Forgot to note refurbs. Dont want you guys thinking I spent $3500 on a stereo.

Fushyuguru said:

EDIT: Forgot to note refurbs. Dont want you guys thinking I spent $3500 on a stereo.

And whats wrong with that? :D

Anyways watts is a pointless comparison unless you are comparing 2 known amps. Discrete power amps can blow away most amps of greater wattage as Fushyuguru pointed out. There is a reason for the massive price differences between amps of the same watt ratings after all ;)

n00bular said:

haha you said it perfectly :D
cool.gif

yammaha rx-v630rds rated @ 6x75w rms, capable of 6x90w rms @ <0.1% distortion. creek 4140s2 (2x35w rms) powering a 12inch lightning audio.

before you say "that's crap" i can tell you right now that there hasnt been a single person who hasnt dropped their jaw when i tell them what is really powering my sub.;)

Maxvla, I have 2 questions for you. Do those 580's come like that? I mean shouldn't there be a protective cloth on the inner part of your earpiece? Looks to me in your picture that the speaker part is showing.

Second, do you have an amp for those headsets, or are they just plugged into your sound card. I read that some of the higher Sennheisers don't get powered very well by a soundcard, thus needing an amp of some sort.

yeah the filter pads have been removed. its even clearer without them. bass is a little more pronounced as well. your ears don't touch the speaker. the pads are thick enough to hold it out far enough.

i need an amp for mine but really don't want to spend 350 bucks on the one i want right now. it sounds great out of my audigy.

I use sennheiser 280-HD pros and they sound excellent without an amp as well. I will probably be getting an amp for them shortly but I would by no means say that it is neccessary to get good sound from them.

Back