• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quest for 1500 With 1.33/A7M266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kev

Welp, I'm tryin to get my chip up to 1500.. It can run stable for about 2 minutes in windows then with United Devices running (Cancer Research Proggy with intel (Its basically SETI)) And goto open up IE. Crash. Crash every time. I raised the CPU voltage up to 1.85, Raised the I/O Voltage to 3.5 and the Ram/Chipet Voltage up to 2.9. The CPU stays around 48@[email protected]. I don't think its a heat issue. I have a WBK38/AS2. If I lower the bus down to 148MHZ (1479) The system is stable with default I/O Voltage, and 2.9V to the Ram. The board currently doesn't let me change the multiplyer, so that isn't a option. I think I was reading a Tomshardware review that used a 1.33/A7M. And he said there that you can change the memory timing. I havn't found that in bios anywhere using the latest version 1003. Any Ideas?

Kev

However, I found out that Micron/Crucial's PC2100 CL 2.5 DDR-SDRAM runs 100% reliable at extremely fast memory timing settings, including a CAS-latency of 2. The Power Box is equipped with two 128 MB DIMMs of the above-mentioned memory, summing up to 256 MB in total. The memory timing settings in the BIOS of MSI's K7 Master S were 8-8-4-2-2-2-2.

I have the same memory. In the relase notes for the BIOS it says that added the adjustment of the Memory timing. But I wasn't able to find it in the bios.

Kev

small burn in steps of 50mhz oc per day will get you a higher ceiling on the final oc, also, what was the multiplier set at? Try a multiplier of 12x fsb of 125-130, i have had good results with that chip and multiplier overclocking

Back