• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 onboard audio and sound glitches???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing i am. When Im playing a game or listening to some music, occationally the sounds that are played glitch the gameplay.... as if I had a problem with fps (which I dont). I have lots of ram... running my cpu at 3.38ghz and have 2 WD 7200rpm 8mb cache hdds running in raid. Is this prob I have because of having an audio card incorporated in the mobo? Would I have this prob if I had a PCI audio card? Anything I can do to stop the glitchs?

ViolaDude,

Search this board and the Abit board. It is well documented. If you are lazy, get a sound card as I think that is the only solution.

musk

I did a search and didnt find anything relating to what I asked. If you can find something, please post a link.

I am not an expert on this but I have read a few posts where people were having integrated sound issues. The overwhelming response seemed to be just buy a sound card and be done with it. As an example from new egg:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! Dolby Digital 5.1 - $33.00
- or -
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - PCI OEM - $78.00

I am sure that a seperate sound card will take care of the issue and it is the easiest way get around it. That would be my suggestion.

Back