• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to clean copper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alibubba

Registered
I got my dtek tc-4 over the weekend and I was all excited I opened it up and touched the copper base with my hands...now I know this won't effect the performance but I was wondering if there was a way to clean the copper base so I don't see my finger prints all over it? =) or is it a lost cause since it'll look like a dirty penny anyways in a few months?

i like my ketchup on fries :|
also I have used vinigar with salt... but thats for like copper pots etc...

toothpaste makes it positively SHINEY MCSHINE.
try it, youll like it :)

plus it will smell nice.

BBQ sauce also, it has to be the kraft hickory smoke, the other stuff doesnt taste... err.. clean as well.

hahaha ya'll are funny peeps. :D
i suspect that habaneros would clean the best, because it cleans me out the best too :D
now, if someone would whip up a gumbo of hot sauce and toothpaste, i bet we could clean the shuttle.

Sounded like a joke didn't it. It isn't though.

Drop a dirty and tarnished penny into some hot sauce and you will see what I mean. It REALLY works.

of course it does, its highly acidic, just like the guy who said to use vinegar. :D, er wait, that didnt come out right...
sorry!
cheers

Cheep way is cream of tarter and baking soda.
Hardware stores sell brass and metal polish called Braso
it is the best I have ever used and the U.S. NAVY agrees.

Mull

Back