• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperthreading and seeing seti progress?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

Just got a new HT P4 going, currently running 2 setis with HT on.

So setispy says "xxx% done", but I can't tell which proc that is? Is there a way to see the progress for each cpu with setispy or setidriver?

Thanks!

PS, still moving, 50 WU per day of computing boxes still in storage and not crunching ..... :mad:

The only way I know of to do this with Seti Driver is to make two copies of it in different directories and have each one run a single client at a time.

eaglescouter said:
So you need two running instances of both Seti Driver and Seti Spy?

I thought someone suggested a different monitoring program (other than Seti Spy) for use with HT chips.

Depending on what you use SETI Spy for, you could probably get by with just one instance of it and two instances of SETI Driver.

I was simply suggesting two copies of seti driver, and using seti driver to monitor progress. I don't use spy so I'm not sure what will work with it.

OK thanks, doesn't look like spy will work well with two setis at the same time.

SO, I'm going back to msetimon, that's what I used for my farm. It can monitor multiple instances, AND, there's a linux version, so you can use it to monitor all the setis on all your machines, combining setis running on linux or windows.

Thanks!

Yep, I use it to monitor my pharm; but it is annoying to have it try to monitor multiple instances on single CPU machines...

Also, it eats a LOT of cycles if you leave it on all the time...

Crunch on!!

none1 said:
SO, I'm going back to msetimon, that's what I used for my farm. It can monitor multiple instances...

for HT'ed P4, i recommend to use SetiHide. it shows each of the individual WU's progress/logs/AR/etc. and it could support up to 4 client at the same time! i now running SetiHide on all of my HT'ed rigs! it's much better than running 2 Driver 'cos Driver don't provide WU's info like AR.

if need setup help, feel free to let me know. ;)

my friend uses it and it displays one of the WU's and when it is completed it shows the progress of the other unit that is being HT'd. And when it completes it goes to the next one, etc.

no in the case of SetiHide. it shows both or whatever amount (1-4) of WUs you are running in the same times. it's very good and i do highly recommend to people. i haven't run Spy+Driver combo for a while already. just using Driver or SetiHide. :)

using Setistash shows this, by me

cpu1.jpg

cpu2.jpg

at P4 2.4C mit Epox 4PDAI at 12 x 245 = 2940 and Pat PAT

MFG
Sir Ulli

Back