• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Duron 800 hates me, i guess

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brutzel

Hello guys, i have a really weird problem here. Ive got an 800MHz Duron (AMCA)
running happily on an Abit KT7A. Done the pencil job...

I can overclock to 850 easily at default voltage and 1gig at 1.725V. Cooling is
not a problem, this baby will run 11 degree over ambient under full load (1gig)

But... it wont run at 900, 950 or any frequency below 800. It wont even post.
Example: After setting 900MHz in the bios and restart, nothing happens, screen
stays black, no signs of life, thats it, even reset wont do, as well as the power
on button. Now, after switching the power supply off and on it will post, but
this time CPU frequency is set back to 800.
The L1 bridges seem nice so i have no idea whatelse could be done to get to that
900 or 950 (nice options during summer)

Any ideas?

Thanks. Yes, ill definately try some FSB / multiplier combos the next days, maybe it will do less than 8x multiplier with 133 FSB?
Still im anxious to know if ive done something wrong or if its a "feature" of the cpu / chipset / whatever =)

liquids solution is pretty good. Also, can you use a conductive ink or something for the the bridges as it is much better. A conductive pen or rear window defogger kit will do the job well.

Hope all goes well-its just that heat is the #1 problem most have-also games require more graphics work that the regular desktop so that may be where the lock up lies for a TNT based nVidia card, try the 7.58,1080,or the 1100 drivers personally it think that the 1080 are the best you can get, go to here and dl this program http://www.tweakfiles.com/video/ the program is called rivatuner-itll OC your video card-also try the drivers-thats a good system should be fine if ya fix the problem-keep me informed

Back