• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek or dangerden kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

I have been looking at a few watercooling kits and it seems these 2 are the top performers. I want a basic kit with just the CPU block for now but i plan on gettin a block for my northbridge and radeon 9800. Which of these 2 kits would you guys go for?

They both are just fine and pretty much the same thing. It's all in what you find looks better. The blocks they both offer are just about the same in cooling ang they both use the same type core. At DangerDen you can custom build the kit though which is nice.

Not a bad experience at all. Disappointing is a better word for the performance of the equipment. You can do much better for the same or less money.

wannaoc said:
They both are just fine and pretty much the same thing. It's all in what you find looks better. The blocks they both offer are just about the same in cooling ang they both use the same type core. At DangerDen you can custom build the kit though which is nice.

Are you saying the Maze4 is just about the same as a White Water?

If so, that's ridiculous. The White Water is much better.

Yeah I'm thinking of making my own as well. It's alot cheaper and alot of the stuff can be bought at a hardware store. Danner Mag 3 pump can be had at your local pet store for alot less than Enheim pumps and they perform ALOT better. Reservoir can be home made. Clamps can be bought cheap at home depot. Chevy Chevette, Caprice, or Cavalier heater core (1977-87 I think) can be bought at a autoparts store for less than half of what u would pay for a good Blackice Xtreme. Tubing u can get anywhere. The only things I see that may cost u a bundle is the water blocks themselves unless u are skilled enough to make them on your own. I have done alot of research and I've come to the conclusion that *most* kits are overpriced and their performance can be beaten by a well configured custom kit.

i got danger den gpu adn cpu water blocks and love them! - also got an enheim 1250 pump and a Pro-Combo from D-tek rad.

I have the TC-4, NEW bay res, 1250, and Pro rad combo as well and it kicks ***. Danny at dtek is very cool as well. You really can't go wrong with his products.

^^^^ except when they send u thermal compound instead of thermal expoxy :( and it took u 2 months to clear it through DHL. :(

Back