• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Dlt3c + vapochill pe = crushed vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrashOv3r1De

Disabled
Well one of the good days of my life turns into hell.

Today I got everything delivered in one day VapoChill Pe, Verizon dsl was activated, got Abit Nf7-S v2, 1700+ dlt3c jiuhb 0310, 512mb hyperx pc3700 ram, dsl router, a free 16mb kingston flash hdd (free for buying the ram).

First I installed the DSL everything was smooth. 1.5/128 for $35 :D

Began to install vapochill pe. I was carefull mounting the head and all the sudden the socket clips fly off. Mobo gets scratched thank god there was some protective sticker type of the thicg next to the socket lungs. So I take the socket clips and mount the head. I start her up but she shuts down in 10sec. I unmount the head and I look that my CPu is chipped in 2 places. =(

=(

I was furious. Now I had no money left. SO this is what I did. I ebayed everything besides the vapochill. Now so far I have $200 comming in and I am going to get a 2.4c (After reading the Socket 478 section of the manual I realized that mounting the head on P4 478 is much easier then on ads. And best of all no socket clips/attachments to socket lungs!!! Besides the P4 478 core is much more sturdier.

Now I am going to sit a week without my computer!

At least you went to intel for a viable reason. Personally, the only thing I find IHS (integrated heatspreaders) good for is removing... but I've never tried to install a vapochill... maybe it's difficult.

that sucks... but mounting amd systems arnt that hard.. once you mount once or twice.. its actually alot faster and easier than the p4s i think

Back