• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Bird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FireMogle

I recently got a new Thunderbird 750 and an a7v133. I am new to the whole amd thing and first put everything together but it wouldn't run too stable at 750. I think it was too hot (60-70, no AC not on then...) next day I ran and got a big box fan to blow on the hsf, and some thermal stuff from radio shack to replace the crap that came on the hsf(chrome orb). now ran 48-54. while I had the hsf off I took out a magnifying glass and penciled in the L1 bridge, fasted it would stably boot into windows was 667(5*133). changed voltages, no luck. found that voltages ran generally as far as .2v high with the bios, so I set it with the jumpers. beeps and no post. that didn't help. could no longer set voltage with bios. had to unplug and wait then plug back in to restart it now. since the combo was barely a week old, I RMAd it. it was a combo board/bird. now, the question after the long story, is there anything that anyone can see that I did wrong to do this, or was it a bad board/processor?

Personally I hate the A7V133 I went trought 2 of them brought them all back had bad temps with it and it just had bad problems crashing and stuff without even OC I bought the Iwill KA266-R DDR And omg it is so stable and awesome I recommend Iwill over ASUS any day now its alot better = )

Also when overclocking always have a good boot after a bad boot or a no post. that way you take the guessing out to troubleshooting problem. I would get a different board too.

Back