• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duron 600@1050, But want FSB higher than 100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onde Pik

I have a duron 600 witch I can run on 10.5 * 100, on my ABIT KT7-RAID, with 128 mb pc133ram.
If I change the FSB to anything other than 100, my comp wont even post. Anyone have a solution,,,,,, or idear. Plz respond.

What is the limiting factor????

I had a KT7 and could not get reliable operation above 103 Mhz on the FSB. Then I got the KT7A and can run the FSB at 150. The KT7 was never meant to work at much higher than about 105. Nice of Abit not to mention that until after I bought mine!

Hoot

Hey hoot does your ram do 150 2-2-2 stable? I can't go over 138 with out getting some CMOS check sum error and I am too scared to try again. should I close the L7's or modify the L6's to give me a lower multiplier at boot up? how high voltage should I push a duron?

for the 1050 is nice but I would bet your memory scores would improve a lot at 7.5x133 if it can handle it.

I've got a Duron 650 on my Kt7-Raid and it will only hit 105 on the fsb, but the CPU's at 10x so I'm getting 1070mhz out of my 650. I would like a Kt7e board, but I don't think my wife would dig me spending any more money.

el (May 04, 2001 02:09 p.m.):
Hey hoot does your ram do 150 2-2-2 stable?

Yes, but I have to run the multiplier at 9 (unacceptable).

I can't go over 138 with out getting some CMOS check sum error and I am too scared to try again. should I close the L7's or modify the L6's to give me a lower multiplier at boot up?

Sure you can do that, but I've never gotten my 600 Duron to run reliably above 137 FSB, nor reliably above 1100 Mhz either. I probably could have with water cooling, but before I'd dump that kind of money just to OC a Duron, I'd buy a 1.33 Tbird.

how high voltage should I push a duron?

There's could and there's should. You could run your Duron as high as 2.3V. I have done that, but above a certain point (2.1V for mine), the additional voltage just gives you a higher temperature and no more stability. That takes you back to the issue of spending big money on cooling.

for the 1050 is nice but I would bet your memory scores would improve a lot at 7.5x133 if it can handle it.

I don't agree entirely that memory speed is the end-all goal in overclocking. My goal has always been to get as high an FSB speed as possible without sacrificing overall speed. IE I would rather run 10x133 (= 1333 Mhz) than 9.5x137 (= 1300 Mhz). Somewhare in all the multiplier X FSB combinations is a sweet spot, where you get maximum speed and maximum FSB for as little Vcore and Vi/o as possible, for a given cooling solution. Finding that sweet spot is the challenge and fun of overclocking.

Hoot

Speaking of Durons my 800 is currently @ 140 x 7.5 = 1050 and rock stable although I can increase the FSB some more and it still seems stable, my RAM however is rated at 133 mhz if I push it to far will I kill it ?

Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff)
Elsa Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live
Hard Drive Cooler
Full Tower With 5 Fans (120 mm) with seperate PSU

killing ram is pretty much unheard of. you're really not likely to damage it by pushing it too far. your system will just become unstable.

Thanks for the advice I didn't have time last night but I am going to try and make time tonight to see if I can get this puppy up to 7.5x133.

Back