• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone PLEASE help me find a case with these requirements??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Node

I have an Antec SOHO Full File Server 1080.

Its too god damn small. All of the big watercooling tubes, radiator, pump, cables, etcetcblahblahblah take up WAY too much room. Right now my room is at 72 degrees, and my CPU is at 46c IDLE and the ambient temp in the case is 34c!!

Thats terrible. No matter what kind of fans I use my temps are still bad. I need to get a bigger case. I have only found ONE case that has all of these, but it is discontinued.

It needs - Massive depth. More than 21 inches.
Height - 20 and above
Width - 8 and above
The capability to mod an intake and exhaust place for my 120mm fans
Removable motherboard tray
Pleasing to the eye - hopefully aluminum
Not an ugly box that is so huge that you need to put wheels on it

The only case I have ever found is the Cooler Master S4000 SX1 and the three stores that carry it (I froogled them) are all out of stock!

Can someone PLEASE help me? I am begging for your time. I am on my knees. Thank you.

what about a cube type file server? i dont remember where i saw one but ive seen some people who have them

It's too bad the Lite-on FS-020 was discontinued. It matches what you want very well. Standard it fits 1 120mm intake and 2 120mm exhaust. It's not much of a looker, but nothing some simple lights and paints couldn't fix. Finding a mid tower that size is going to be tough. You might just want to look for a full tower if you really want that size.

Last edited:
You can still find that FS-020 around but be ready to pay for it. Did you look into the Inwin Q500? Its thinner than some full towers but it holds alot.

Node said:
I have an Antec SOHO Full File Server 1080.

Its too god damn small. All of the big watercooling tubes, radiator, pump, cables, etcetcblahblahblah take up WAY too much room. Right now my room is at 72 degrees, and my CPU is at 46c IDLE and the ambient temp in the case is 34c!!

The problem isn't the case. I fit plenty in mine:

150803-giblet03k.jpg

Re: Re: Can someone PLEASE help me find a case with these requirements??

Giblet Plus! said:

The problem isn't the case. I fit plenty in mine:
But you can't fit 4 HD's and 5 5.25" devices in there...

I agree with what others are saying. you should just go full tower/server tower for what your looking for.. getting ready to do that myself (for real this time). mine right now is so crowded im surprised nothing has melted from bad airflow hehe.

and the problem with the yeong yang is
Not an ugly box that is so huge that you need to put wheels on it

Re: Re: Re: Can someone PLEASE help me find a case with these requirements??

nikhsub1 said:

But you can't fit 4 HD's and 5 5.25" devices in there...

No. But does he need to, or is he just scared of modding his case?

I fit 2 optical drives and 2 hard drives in my case. Most people don't have a need for more than that.

pik4chu - The yeang yong cube is actually pretty small. I wouldn't mind having one myself. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can someone PLEASE help me find a case with these requirements??

Giblet Plus! said:

No. But does he need to, or is he just scared of modding his case?

I fit 2 optical drives and 2 hard drives in my case. Most people don't have a need for more than that.

probably not but the point I think nihksub1 is trying to make is that, at "stock" the case doesnt have any room, you had remove most of the bay areas to fit all the stuff in there. so as a stock unmodded case, its not big enough.

I have two hard drives, 2 optical drives, video card, sound card, and eheim pump which is big. With big 1/2" ID tubes it barely fit and completely murdered my air flow.

I went with the Lian-Li PC75. Thanks all. I only wish it had a removable motherboard tray.

Back