• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT400 and two sticks of RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damian

I recall reading somewhere that KT400 mobos can't run more than one PC3200 stick due to power issues... is that really true? Right now I have my PC2700 Samsung @ 200 (async) and I'd like to buy another 256mb stick of the same... would that work? If not, would it at least work if I backed the speed down to sync with the FSB at 185?

i would guess you will lose ability to overclock if you add another stick. or does that mobo have dual channel? other than that you should be fine with 2 sticks in it. i had 3 sticks in a kt333 mobo without any problems so why not a kt400?

I'm talking purely about overclocking. I know it's perfectly possible for a KT400 mobo to support two sticks; my question is whether it can support two sticks running at 200mhz.

And no, the KT400 doesn't have DC. Only the nforce2 and KT880 do.

There really is no compatibility issues with 2 sticks on the KT400 that I know of with regards to overclocking. Hitting 200MHz/400FSB with a KT400 is more likely your main challenge & not DIMM population.

Back