• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4C unstable at 240FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_man27

Hello everyone. I have stepped over into the overclocking world with my first overclock attempt today. :)

Sys specs:
Abit IS7
2.4C
2x Corsair pc3200
radeon 9500 pro

Right now it's @ 2.76 (230FSB, default vcore, 2.8v on the mem, and 5:4). Ran prime95 for 12 hours with no errors. I would say it is very stable at this level.

When I tried to bump it up to 240FSB (2.89), Windows loaded with no problems. As a light stress test I tried to play Black hawk Down and it crashed. Sound playback was choppy, and the PC froze after a while. Could it be that this chip is maxed out? I wouldn't say so... I have also tried bumping up the CPU vcore to 1.6v, and relaxing mem timings, but the same thing occured.

Any help is appreciated..

Thanks all

Temps are decent. 41 idle/50 load. Of course I'm running an IS7, so those temps are off by 3 - 7 degrees. I'm going to disable those options and report back. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like PCI bus too far out of spec. There is a place in the BIOS CPU menu that allows you to "fix" the PCI/AGP. Doing that will set the PCI bus at default 33 MHz no matter what you set the FSB at.

It is fixed at 33, I remember seeing it in bios.

Also the chip is a costa rica, if that makes any difference when compared to others... I would say no..

I'm at school right now, will try to do more adjustments when I get home.

Thanks all

I just came back from school....

The AGP/PCI freq was not fixed as I originally thought. I changed it and I am now @ 250FSB. :) Its 42 degrees idle, and I have yet to stress test it. Thanks guys :)

Back