• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After market GPU coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I am looking at the Zalman heat pipe coolers and I want to know which one is the best? Is it the black one that can mount the fan(ZM80c-HP)? Or is it the gold one that says it can mount a fan, but I can't find the fan for it anywhere(ZM80A-HP)? Zalman

But is it such a huge heatsink, and it has a heatpipe, how can that not be better than the stock on a 9800 pro? Are there any aftermarket heatsinks that are better than a stock on a 9800 pro? Do I have to throw an sk-7 on it with epoxy? That will PERMANENTLY take away all of those PCI slots and permanently mount it on the 9800. I do not trust myself to drill more screw holes into the 9800, and I don't know how to on a heatsink.

I don't know cause I've never used them but I've read a lot of other peoples comments that have used them. Search the threads, I've seen quite a bit of talk on them here and at Procooling.

Back