• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia Foam Fitting Gasket ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Code 4

I just got a used Prommy. I did not get the Fitting Foam Gasket for the rear cover. What can I used to replace this? Is there any particular foam that must be used or is there something better out there?

Usually neoprene works fine - it's a closed cell foam that some e-tailers stock but if you don't want to spend money mousemats are made of it :D - just glue several bits in a stack to make it more insulative.

L337 M33P said:
Usually neoprene works fine - it's a closed cell foam that some e-tailers stock but if you don't want to spend money mousemats are made of it :D - just glue several bits in a stack to make it more insulative.

Thanks

in the u.s, we get a heater element in place of the foam gasket...whereas others get the foam gasket...

like previously stated, neoprene works fine

gokickrocks said:
in the u.s, we get a heater element in place of the foam gasket...whereas others get the foam gasket...

like previously stated, neoprene works fine

Ok I have the US version. I have the heater element. I was led to believe that I also needed the foam with the heater element. Is that not the case? Sorry to be such a Pain the A*&, but I just fried a new P4C800-E and 9500 Pro while OC'in the vid card :( I want to protect me investment the best I can

heater element by itself is fine...

earlier prommy owners got both heater element and foam gasket, now its either or...

gokickrocks said:
heater element by itself is fine...

earlier prommy owners got both heater element and foam gasket, now its either or...

IC, Thanks. I will see how it does with out the gasket then.

Back