• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman ZM80A-HP @ 9600pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vakum

Registered
hi,
I'm planning on purchasing Zalman ZM80A-HP passive cooler for my hercules 9600pro 128ddr..... but I can't find info anywhere on if this will work, or fit... =/ at one place I found which cards it did work on and it said: "ATI Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 8900, 9700/Pro, 9800/Pro amongs other"

anyone who do have this cooler with a 9600pro, or anyone who can figure out if it will work?

i don't see any reason why it wouldn't fit, the mounting holes are the same and there's no obvious obstructions.

it's a good idea to wait and see if anyone installed one of these heatsinks on a 9600Pro though.

well, I can say now that i bought the ****, and the hercules 9600pr0 has got this large cupper-cooling devises on the RAM-memories or whatever it is, and a "bridge" in cupper in the air, between two memories, was in the way for the cooling pipe......

Now, shall you take the risk and "modify" this, i.e remove it in some way to make place for the ZM80A-heatpipe... or shall I keep my 30-40dB oroginal fan.... all other components in my computer is around 21-25dB... hmm *don-o-what-to-do*

//vakum

Back