• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2/266 and Palamino/KK266 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
V

Van

I remember this being discussed before, but I can't remember what the conclusion was: Are all 1.2/266's AX....? For that matter are 1.2/200's? If not, what are some good, hopefully inexpensive retailers who will check for codes?

Secondly, is the Iwill KK266 one of the the motherboards with the certain number power phase change or what not that will support the Palomino? If not, what are some good mobo's that do?

That's about it, thanks.
Van

My 1.2 266 is an AVIA so no to the first question. It has proven to be a decent chip for oc though I have it at 1446 with very poor cooling.

Reportedly the Iwill kk266 will be able to support palamino cores. I think there has been some speculation on this and the actual proof will only happen when the chips are available. There is a new 1.4chip being advertised at dalco.com for 266 USD. At the very least this board will support this chip. I expect the palaminos will be pricey and may not be the best bang for your buck over the next 6 or so months while athlon stock levels remain. As always it is a guessing game on which way to turn.

Back