• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXHA vs AXIA 1ghz Athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Well, I got my new 1ghz Athlon (with AXIA written on the die and has a pretty blue/purple tint).

It's posted to 1.333Ghz o/ced and tonight will be the ultimate test when I set it up for real use, yippie!!!

Anyway, what prompted me to buy the new Athlon 1ghz was because I tried bridging the L1 spaces together on my previous chip. ZAP!!!!!!!!!! I accidentially caused quite the short circuit. (if you've shaky hands, don't even bother trying to unlock the multiplier.)

The old CPU was also blue/purple in color (not green/blue) and says AXHA on it.

Apart from the hopefully-obvious version difference (H to I), what are the benefits of AXIA over AXHA?

Much thanks and thanks much!

I'm sorry to hear about ur old chip....
I've heard the the differ between the AXIA and the AXHA is very little. I think it was the AXIA that made the best overclocking-result, but the differ was as I said very little.
Now go get 1.4 gig out of that chip!

Walter:-( (May 09, 2001 03:58 p.m.):
I'm sorry to hear about ur old chip....
I've heard the the differ between the AXIA and the AXHA is very little. I think it was the AXIA that made the best overclocking-result, but the differ was as I said very little.
Now go get 1.4 gig out of that chip!

Using 139 or 140mhz fsb, I hope! :) Now knowing that bridging the L1 series is exponentially difficult, I don't want my shiny new AXIA to end up like a knife going through a smiley face... :)

Thanks (to both of you) for the info!

Back