• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600 or ti4800 Se

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dansonang

I am thinking of buying a video card now. got out of touch wif hardware due to schoolwork. lol

ok I have 2 options now. I am buying creative's video card from a creative warehouse sale. first dun give me other options for eg go buy MSI .... COS I have budget problems

1st option radeon 9600 128mb (not sure if its a pro version) $226 singapore dollars
2nd option ti4800 SE 128 mb $196 singapore dollars

Exchange rate

us$1.000 = s$1.730 do yr own conversion

*I am not thinking of overclocking any of the cards

thank you

Last edited:
They are both pretty expensive, even wit conversion factor, but what Deadly Dude said is sound advice.

It really depends on what type of games that you like to play, and how long you want the card to last. If you're playing games that aren't quite as new, and you don't care about quality settings like AA and AF, then the Ti4800SE is better. However, if you want the card to last longer and enjoy AA and AF (in my opinion you can't go back after using AA), then the 9600 Pro is the way to go. It'll last longer because of it's DX9 performance, and it performs far, far better with AA and AF.

Back