• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got an 1.1tbird replacement for my broken 1.1. what speed can i expect from it? code is: avha

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomas

just got an 1.1tbird replacement for my broken 1.1. what speed can i expect from it? code is: avha

just got an 1.1tbird replacement for my broken 1.1. what speed can i expect from it? code is: avha.

Haven unlocked it yet but tried oc just thru bus and it went too 1.3ghz(117fsb) on a abit kt7(not A + not raid) Got into windows at default core voltage and io:3.4 but was a bit unstable but thats not so weird at a fsb at 117.

What can i expect from it if i unlock it?? the temp was 45-47 loaded with an fop32.

The old one i had with the same code didnt even run stable at 1.2 when unlocked. didnt even post at 1.3 but this did with just fsb:)

Coooool! a new one. Usually you can look at the overclockers CPU data base and get an idea of what you could get. It depends on your chip and setup, everyone is slighly different. You have a really new one so you are going to have to tell us (and the database) what you get out of it.

Anyways i forgot one thing. Im gonna buy an new mobo tomorrow an A version. should i buy an abit or an asus?? What can i expect best OC with and which one is most stable?

And will the tbird run on 266mhz?

You are right. Now that I have proved that I do not know my alphabet (doh!) you can look in the database that is on the home page and see what others got. If it has a C as the last digit on the first line then it is a 266 chip if it says B then it is a 200.

its an 200mhz. but i have heard that some 200mhz ones runs on 266 when unlocked. but i dunno about this since its manufactored in 1999

Your 1.1gig was not made in 1999. I guess the 1999 is some kind of patent date or something else like that. This date is on the TBirds I have to. To get the correct date it was made you have to look in the cpu code on the chip.

Tomas, You asked Asus or Abit MOBO's. Buying either one is like kissing your sister. Get the Iwll KK 266 R or non raid. Much easier to O/C and stabler.
I know this will ruffle some feathers, but read the forums, there are more problems w/ those boards vs. Iwll. ( + the support is way better.)

Back