• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron Multiplier Adjustment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i may just get an opteron instead of waiting for A64 prices to come w/in my frugal grasp....still, opteron's ain't that cheap either...

Just one detraction from this - just because the bios has multiplier options doesnt necessarily mean that the chip is unlocked.

OC Detective said:
Just one detraction from this - just because the bios has multiplier options doesnt necessarily mean that the chip is unlocked.

true...i forgot about that...

Jarhead7236 said:
i may just get an opteron instead of waiting for A64 prices to come w/in my frugal grasp....still, opteron's ain't that cheap either...

amd_athlon64_jap.jpg

The processors in the picture were made on the 30th week of the year 2003, in late July. The chips are clocked at 2.0GHz, have 1MB of L2 cache and are rated at 3200+ suggesting that they are intended to compete with Pentium 4 processors with 512KB of L2.

AMD Athlon 64 to Come Next Week

Back